• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

3v 4.6 swap will a 5r55 trans bolt up in a fox

3v89lx

got a great deal on motor and trans 3k for all the needed parts which includes wiring and the drive by pedal. im thinking of going with a maxuim k member so with that said what else may i need i have hread of problems fiting the 3v headers in a fox so i could do 2v headers right from what i have saw in one swap i read up on. any help iam greatfull for thank and so glad i found this forum should make the swap go pretty easy i hope

myers407

Staff member
Be sure to post up pictures and we'll do our best to help you out. I am good a fab work if I can see what is needed. But I have no expierence with the three valve yet.

3v89lx

i had an 05 and well yea i lost it rip but i found a fox then found a cheap deal so iam looking to do it any clue about the trans thatll be the biggest thing other then the wiring

myers407

Staff member
I have no clue I do know that the shifter is diffrent on it. May take a bit of fab work but it can be made to fit.

3v89lx

then my next thing would be the guages i dont know if ill be able to use 05+ in a fox dash or if i could use the fox guages so much stuff be on this like wild fire looking stuff up since saturday lol

3v89lx

really is he on here and can i get his info if you have it i plan on putting thr ford racing cams and jlt cold air on it so ill be close to 400 at the crank after a tune :)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The MM Kmember is as good a choice as is on the market for a performance street driven application. Be sure to check out the AJE unit as well since they sponser your favorite website. As for the tranny crossmember, if you can't find what you're looking for, call Brian Figg over at Inovative Performance (buystifflers.com). I would bet that his unit for the T45/T56 could be easily adapted and save you a lot of head ache in trying to figure out forward pinion angle and adjustability. Worst case scenario, you could trade the new tranny for one of those for a bolt-n application. I know the dash is adaptable, as I've seen one at a show. The guy was a hack, the entire car looked like ass and he hadn't bothered to get most of the electrical hooked up, but you could tell that it could be done neatly and would look sweet.