• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 dohc into 90 LX 5.0 (totally green to mod to fox swap)

rfreeman37

Good day people,
I'm currently acquired a 90 Mustang 5.0 with 91K original miles on the motor and trans. I understand that these days the pushrod motor is out gunned unless you throw some serious money and possibly more cubic inches at it to compete with the DOHC mod motors. I'm considering swapping in a 4.6 DOHC in the fox. Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated. I have done a SOHC to DOHC swap before but I know this is a different animal. Some of the things I know I need to get are a brake booster system from a 96-04 GT or cobra, a K-member, motor, ECU, wiring harness. I plan to make a post (assuming it hasnt been done yet of the whole process if it has please direct me to it) of the process from start to finish with every step I performed. Let the comments flow good people.