• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4 into a Fox Body for Australian X275 Drag and Street

Hi All. Its been quite some time since I have been on the site but the collection of parts for the build has been growing.

I visited the USA in September and attended Drag Week. When I landed in L.A I picked up my hire car and made the drive up to Camerrillo and visited MMR and purchased a race prepped 5.4 Cobra Jet crankshaft and a set of MMR2500R flat top piston as well as billet chain guides and a few other odds and ends, that's when my road trip started as I then drove from Camerrillo to Tallmadge in Ohio and paid Summit Racing a visit and purchased a set of Carrillo rods with the Carr Rod Bolts.

While I was in Detroit I paid Team Z a visit and purchased quite a large order of parts. Basically I purchased everything I could for the front end and the rear end which included a braced 9" with a Strange Engineering Aluminium 35 spline centre with 3.4 to 1 Pro Gears and as well a 10 point molly cage.

I went with the Aerospace Front and Rear brake kits however the rear kit is for the large bearing Torino style bearing. This was done so as to have a rear parking brake assembly.

Also I have purchased a Holley Dominator EFI system with the Holley Digital Dash.

I made a visit to Billet Specialties and a set of Street Lite wheels were purchased which included a pair of SN95 single bead lock wheels for the rear.

The parachute and racing harness's have been purchased and were supplied by DJ Safety.

I have also purchased a ATI Powerglide Super Case and the adaptor bell housing to suit my 5.4 Modular.

I estimate I still have another $20k Australian to finish the Mustang and all going well come this time next year it should be on the track.

Steve.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Steve. Welcome back. It sounds like you have a great road trip. And, that is an impressive pile of parts. We look forward to seeing some pictures of it going together. Don't be a stranger :)