• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

54 ford build...

roachedone

Donator
Really not sure where to put this one... been a while sense I've been on here.. the 86 is done, and driving.. still has a few minor details to tidy up but will be on the road and a daily driver come spring.. but some one else has caught the mod bug.. this is our old mans 54 Ford down in Texas that is getting ready for a 4.6 build... the car is a 54 coupe. the donor is a 2000 crown vic ex police car.. as you can see, this will be quite the project.. he has 2 bodies, and is takeing the best body, and best frame... today he picked up the donor... talks are going back and forth as to weather he is going to chop the crown vic andd mold the 54 body to that chassie, or just use the good frame and body and swap the drive train over... Either way, I told hime everything he needs to know will be on here, and how helpfull everyone on here was when Joe and I did his build on the 86... so that being said, I'm gonna hand this over to him and hope he post lots of pics as he goes..

Attachments

• 54-4.jpg
    54-4.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 54-1.jpg
    54-1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 54-2.jpg
    54-2.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 54-3.jpg
    54-3.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 84

roachedone

Donator
donor_zpsdd31aa88.jpg

54-4_zpse24d1fa9.jpg

54-3_zps74e37c85.jpg

54-2_zps3f332087.jpg

54-1_zps9f470e4e.jpg

And his other toy... FYI.. the blue GMC in the middle with the Ford grill has a small block ford Drive Train...

579124_2853760437728_1423186626_n_zpscc1ccbfc.jpg

Capri_gt

Thats pretty cool. I like to see older cars built like that. I hope he posts all kinds of pics. I was hoping youd posts more from your 86 aswell though

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You might consider using the 54 frame and a Rod and Customs Motorsports front end. It puts a Mustang II front end under it, which makes other things easier to deal with

roachedone

Donator
things have been "sitting" i learned from my old man.. you do what needs to be done at the time, toys are for when you have the time.. been almost 3 months sense he touched it..currently car runs and drives.. ready for paint.. I'll try to get pics for you guys... just an FYI.. search the name Michele Kato.. his neighbor and our friend from Alliance motor sports in Austine TX.. she runs a 94 with a 460 based motor stang now in the 10 .5 class.. been on pass time and pinks all out.. pink and black stang... hes painted a few of their cars... shes pushing to be the fasted women in the 10.5 class. check her out on face book as well

Last edited by a moderator: