• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

88 LX getting the drivetrain from an 01 Cobra...

JesterJess

Hello all. I'm going tomorrow to pick up a new addition to my stable. I found a 4 banger 88 LX that has a super clean interior. The body needs a little attention, but that will come after I get this beast running.

I scored a totalled 01 Cobra with 70k on the clock.

So, I intend on ripping the front K-member out of the Cobra, and sliding it into the Fox. I will swap over the harness, and maybe use the Cobra cluster. I will keep the Tremec tranny that is already behind the Cobra mill. THEN, I intend on dropping the IRS out of the cobra, and fitting that into the backside of the Fox.

Lots of work to do, but I will most certainly post a build thread about it.

Also, I wanted to tell everyone HI, and FYI, I own a graphics business, so if anyone needs graphics let me know. I have a 46" plotter, and a TON of vinyl just waiting to be cut.

Thanks

JesterJess

I will most certainly. I'll post before pics today or tomorrow of the LX that I'm picking up for $500. Running and driving 2.3l, cold A/C. Need to get it inspected and insured BEFORE I start throwing Cobra Goodies at it LOL.

Anyone know if I can put the front and rear seats out of the 01 into my LX?

PapaTom

[quote author=JesterJess link=topic=335.msg673#msg673 date=1248013551]
I will most certainly. I'll post before pics today or tomorrow of the LX that I'm picking up for $500. Running and driving 2.3l, cold A/C. Need to get it inspected and insured BEFORE I start throwing Cobra Goodies at it LOL.

Anyone know if I can put the front and rear seats out of the 01 into my LX?
[/quote]

I have seen that seat treatment in many 4.6 swaps.

They will fit, however may need minor metal fabrication