• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

91' Coupe Terminator Swap

Gearbox94

Hey guys, so i'm in the middle of my terminator swap and i ran into some problems yesterday after dropping the motor in. The problem i'm having is the steering shaft where it connects to the shaft coming out of the firewall is hitting the cylinder head on the corner, more specifically the bolt and nut.. I'll attach a picture so you can see whats going on but i never heard of anyone else having this problem.. Usually its the steering shaft hitting the header but i got tons of clearance there. The only work around i can see is maybe trying to get a lower profile bolt and nut and hope it clears but man it's close. I'm using a AJE k member with their motor mounts. Someone suggested to try K member spacers but after reading about them on Maximum Motorsports website it seems they would push the k member down which would in turn drop the motor down and further the clearance issue with the steering shaft bolt. I'm hoping someone has an idea i can try.. I don't know if its the motor not sitting in the car right or what but i'll attach a picture of the motor in the engine bay and a picture of the t56 shifter location maybe someone can tell me if the motor is off center.

Attachments

• 20180108_012712.jpg
    20180108_012712.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20180108_012746.jpg
    20180108_012746.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180108_141835.jpg
    20180108_141835.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 85

Xporter

I'm not sure either but maybe double check that your K Member is squared up, looking at the way the trans is sitting(closer to the drivers side) it almost looks like it should be more centered in the trans tunnel.

Gearbox94

I'm not sure either but maybe double check that your K Member is squared up, looking at the way the trans is sitting(closer to the drivers side) it almost looks like it should be more centered in the trans tunnel.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. So i we.t out yesterday and messed around with it and ended up loosening the motor mounts and transmission mount and I was able to get the transmission to shift a little further to the other side and center up better in the trans tunnel. What do you think now? The k member that I used didn't have adjustment slots so I don't think I'll be able to adjust it any from how it bolted up.

Attachments

• 20180110_140136.jpg
    20180110_140136.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 54