• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

96 cobra to foxbody

Jon

How are you guys running the wires when you swap over? Looked at countless pics and can't really tell. I'm wanting to tuck the bulk of the harness for under hood in the inner fenders. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard as I plan on leaning the harness of unused controls like abs, egr, evap etc.

Thnx

FuturaGuy

Staff member
A lot of the wiring is already under the inner fenders and how much wiring you have to leave exposed is a function of the accessories you're going to keep on your engine. I've seen Modular engines in race cars that hardly had any wiring exposed. At the other extreme, I kept everything in mine - emission controls, ABS, A/C, cruise control, etc. - and there is a lot of wiring visible. I've been told mine looks like a factory installation and even had a mechanic in a Ford dealership ask me if it was the original engine!

Last edited:

Jon

Do you actually have all those items in service or you just left the wiring? That's badass if you have it all working! Im not to worried about abs and cruise but I am keeping ac for sure and plan to hook the keyless entry up as I'm keeping pats. Mine also has crank windows so no worries there.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
Everything is there and working except the A/C (do that next year - don't need it in Connecticut for the next 8 months) and the ABS which I'll connect when I convert to disks on all 4 wheels.

myers407

Staff member
I kept all of the factory systems in mine including driver and passenger airbags, keyless entry, ABS. All of it works great.

Roadhawg

I installed a 98 engine in a 91 4cyl Fox. I used the engine harness and ecc harness from the 98, leaned out the wires and interfaced it with the fox harness.

Roadhawg

@Roadhawg how much of the 98 harness were you able to "lean out" and have the car still function properly. or did you get a tune afterward?

My setup required a tune because I installed a SVO supercharger and removed the PATS function.
It is still possible to reduce the wires in the 98 harness and merge the Fox harness without a tune.