• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Few pics of my 89 LX with 04 Cobra swap

Boosted91lx

Damn, another sick ride! Good work!

Thanks! I've been making a little progress lately and logging a few miles when the weathers nice. Having some clutch cable issues that I plan to fix this weekend then I'm starting on suspension and rear disk swap.

whiteponygt

So just to clear up my confusion. What is the motor exactly. Did u head swap a bhead motor or swap the Eaton onto 99-01 cobra motor or is it indeed a terminator motor.if it's an 99-01 cobra motor . What kinda of boost are u running.

Boosted91lx

So just to clear up my confusion. What is the motor exactly. Did u head swap a bhead motor or swap the Eaton onto 99-01 cobra motor or is it indeed a terminator motor.if it's an 99-01 cobra motor . What kinda of boost are u running.
It is an 04 Cobra engine. The 01 intake and timing cover were put on to run the Vortech. Right now I'm seeing about 18 lbs of boost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boosted91lx

I had some questions asked about my heat exchanger mounting. I actually created a new inner bumper to hold the heat exchanger. Twin 7" fans keep the temps down and prevents warping the bumper. It all fits inside the factory LX bumper cover with no modification.
0322141448.jpg

I also started some of the body work and test fit the new Race Star wheels.

RS8.jpg

RS7.jpg

Boosted91lx

Backspacing is 6-7/8" on the rear. It requires a 1" spacer to work on a standard Fox rear end. Tires are M&H 275/60/17 Drag Radial. The wheels are actually for 05-14 Mustangs.

Speedtospare

I love the heat exchanger mount. I may have to steal that idea. Mine site up a little too high on my 93. I wonder is we could swap one of the new shelby units in there?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I love the heat exchanger mount. I may have to steal that idea. Mine site up a little too high on my 93. I wonder is we could swap one of the new shelby units in there?
I agree. That is one of the nicer looking ones I've seen, and better looking than anything I've built. If you happen to have more pictures of it, it would be a nice piece of tech to post on here for others (assuming it works a good as you hoped (-: ).