• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fox body DOHC harness question

noser7

Question guys any help will be appreciated. I have a hard time understanding the harness part, how exactly is it that you use the 4.6 harness and co.outer together? I'm assuming people grab the engine harness which is in the engine bay, but this is what I don't understand, isn't the computer connected to the harness under the dash? Does that mean in order to wire the computer to the harness, I have to grab both the inner and the outer?? Thanks for any help

FuturaGuy

Staff member
There are five harnesses under the hood on a 4.6. You have the computer harness, which has the computer or ECU behind the passenger side kick panel, the fuse box harness, two more harnesses on the engine itself, and the transmission harness. Under the Technical, Maintenance, and Modification heading on this website, there's a section called Electrical Wiring, and in that section I have a post with a sticky titled "Mod Motor Wiring in General". In it there's a schematic showing the harnesses and how they connect to each other.