• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gathering parts for the swap! Will need wiring tech assist

txstang84

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, but nowhere near new to wrenching on Mustangs. I swapped my '84 GT to EFI in '06 then added a Vortech S trim shortly thereafter. I wanted to drop in a mod motor, but my knowledge of the engine was slim to none, and swapping in a fuelie 5 liter was much more easily acquired [and natural] for me at the time.

Anyway, I'll soon acquire a complete '98 Cobra engine, and I've already started gathering up ancillary components. I plan to use a single turbo and will use a 4R75 instead of a stick. This is where I have an initial question. I have a '98 Cobra harness in new condition and I didn't think about it at the time, but are the wires present in the '98 Cobra harness to control the 4R75, or will I have to pin some stuff in when I go to hook up the GT PCM? I also bought the tranny and O2 harnesses from an auto GT, but again, I don't know how much will go together without modification. If any of you guys have a pinout diagram of a '98 GT and '98 Cobra PCM harness, I'd greatly appreciate a push in the right direction.

I also intend to use a return style fuel system carried over from my previous EFI swap, which should jive with the '98 GT PCM. I currently have a 255 HP pump that's served well with my setup, but plan to get the Aeromotive 340lph pump and hope that it can feed the demand as the swap materializes.

These are only some initial elements, and I'm still hammering out other details as they come up, but I know I'll need a ton more parts, but if you guys wouldn't mind chiming in with an answer or some advice...I'm listening...thanks again!

modularf

[quote author=txstang84 link=topic=724.msg1466#msg1466 date=1305273865]
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, but nowhere near new to wrenching on Mustangs. I swapped my '84 GT to EFI in '06 then added a Vortech S trim shortly thereafter. I wanted to drop in a mod motor, but my knowledge of the engine was slim to none, and swapping in a fuelie 5 liter was much more easily acquired [and natural] for me at the time.

Anyway, I'll soon acquire a complete '98 Cobra engine, and I've already started gathering up ancillary components. I plan to use a single turbo and will use a 4R75 instead of a stick. This is where I have an initial question. I have a '98 Cobra harness in new condition and I didn't think about it at the time, but are the wires present in the '98 Cobra harness to control the 4R75, or will I have to pin some stuff in when I go to hook up the GT PCM? I also bought the tranny and O2 harnesses from an auto GT, but again, I don't know how much will go together without modification. If any of you guys have a pinout diagram of a '98 GT and '98 Cobra PCM harness, I'd greatly appreciate a push in the right direction.

I also intend to use a return style fuel system carried over from my previous EFI swap, which should jive with the '98 GT PCM. I currently have a 255 HP pump that's served well with my setup, but plan to get the Aeromotive 340lph pump and hope that it can feed the demand as the swap materializes.

These are only some initial elements, and I'm still hammering out other details as they come up, but I know I'll need a ton more parts, but if you guys wouldn't mind chiming in with an answer or some advice...I'm listening...thanks again!
[/quote]

Post pics and some will help guide you..