• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

has anyone put a 4.6 3v in a fox yet?

3vfox

I have a 3v motor out off a 07 gt 5spd with trans wiring harness and computer. wondering what i would need to do to put it in a 93 lx.

modularf

Shouldn't be that hard either.. I am doing a 4v to a 88 GT. I am researching the harness now.. Will post more info..

3vfox

i will look into that. would i be able to use the stock fox k member or do i have to use maximum or aje k member.

modularf

We used aftermarket K-member and it seemed to line up.. Not sure what brand we have will post more info and pics..

Jrgunn5150

You could also use UPR, I am a dealer, or, I beleive with some light modifying, a 96-up sotck K.

But if you've ever seen a mod motor, you'll have no desire to use a stock K.

dans86coupe

you can also look at latemodelrestoration they are doing a build with a 3v in a fox body. only issues are headers, since they are a bit different on 3v, and they used stock sn95 k member

lsvtech918

I would have loved to use a stock k member just to keep the factory apearence. Didn't want to hassle with fabing anything. i went with AJE with spring perches. Havn't installed it yet so couldnt say to much..

dano

I'm doing it right now. Scott at late model restoration put one in a fairmont that turned out very nice. Im using the same set up that he did for mine.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
3v89lx, been looking around for the 5r55 trans swap and not many have done it.. Maybe you should be the first...:)

3v89lx

i may have to take it to a shop for it to get installed booo dont have a place to work on it and then plus all the wiring i have never done that before so tht part ill leave to the pros even if i do the whole swap exept the wiring