• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Headers

roachedone

Donator
so whos useing what headers? Looking, or should say considering long tubes with this build... not worried about the exhaust as i will probably take it to some one to have one made, but looking to see what works, and what doesnt... any feed back would be great.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Bill's completely biased opinion on headers:
I tend to be bias towards JBA. Their fit, finish and durability will take anything you are likely to throw at them. I have a brand new set of 1625S-5JS from back when you could special order custom parts from them. http://www.jbaheaders.com/detail_shortyV.asp?id=1625S-5JT
They are like these only silver ceramic. Get with the Admin and get a quote on a set. He's a JBA dealer and can hook you up. They are lifetime warrenty. You get what you pay for.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
They will fit with a bit of work. Mac was my value added line when I was in the business. The problem is that if you ever have to seperate the engine and transmission, they have to come off first. If you are using an automatic transmission, they tend to help it get really hot. You have to do some creative heat sheilding. If it is a gutted track car, this really isn't an issue. If it is a street driven car, it can become one. Don't forget that any header you choose is going to have to compete for space with your transmission connection accessories, crossmember, starter, subframe connectors, emergency brake cable, fuel and brake lines, emissions, etc. Long tubes are a great conversation piece, but if you are planning to use a stock long block, they aren't really going to make that much extra power or torque compared to a good set of mids or shorts. They look badass and the work well, but if you are south of 400 hp, you might want to cash that reality check about all the things that have to fill that space and the difference in cost between them, the connectivity with your exising exhaust, etc. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of long tubes. Just trying to make sure they think it through before the have to reengineer some other part of their ride because of the major purchase.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I don't have anything against either brand. I have not had good luck with BBK products, but there are plenty of people out there that have. Their stuff looks really nice if it is kept clean and in fairly new condition. Both seem to make reasonable HP/Trq numbers on the Dyno (for the money). I like the sound of the Bassani products at the back of the car. If you use the Bassani, you may decide to put an extra layer of sound mat down the floor pan on both sides...not difficult or expensive.

If you have any questions about the headers we offer please let me know. We have shorties and Long tubes for most applications and everything has 3/8" flanges and is constructed of Stainless Steel.

Dustin

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hey Dustin...long time no blab. Hope all is well with you.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I really like some of the new stuff. The electric cut-offs that Doug's lists look like something I'm going to want to play with.

Dustin, id be interested to see what you have avallible for shortys for the o4.

We have the 1625S-9 and below is an image for you.
http://0053839.netsolhost.com/product_images/Exhaust Products/JBA Exhaust/1625S-9.jpg
Ceramic Coated Options
http://0053839.netsolhost.com/product_images/Exhaust Products/JBA Exhaust/1625S-9JS.jpg
http://0053839.netsolhost.com/product_images/Exhaust Products/JBA Exhaust/1625S-9JT.jpg

If you were to PM Emilio he could get you a smoking price as he has a direct account with us.

If you need any other info let me know and I love these swaps.

Dustin

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Dustin...
make sure you hook him up with my special deals...
I don't expect to be ready to start doing shows and races again until late 2015. When I do, I'll do a fresh buy-in to have the $10k+ inventory I want. It takes around $120k to have the inventory to start a reasonable Mustang related speed shop.