• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

just another 4.6 DOHC swap

8t9notch

Im in the process of gutting my 94 mark VIII at the moment. But project is coming along. I have took some pictures of the progress so far. Just haven't started on the mustang yet. Does anyone make shorty headers that will fit with a tubular k-member? I have been told also that i will be able to use my t5 from my mustang. I also have been told that if its a late enough 4.6 block that it will have the 302 bell housing, just wondering if this is true?

jaa55

now im going to use a stock bellhousing, the pilot shaft on the 4.6 is the same size and the v8 t-5. my plan was if i decided to run an 8 bolt crank was to use a 3.8 bellhousing with also has the same size flywheel, and a 94 and up t-5 input shaft

88ragtop

Hey new to the site for just this reason, I bought a 93 markviii for basicly nothing. I'm looking for as much info as I can so please let me know what you are doing for the wiring. Good Luck

interceptor999

I don't know about the Lincoln but the 92 Crown Vic and grand Marq have the 4.6 with the AOD, Those would be easy to bolt a T-5 to but they don't come in aluminum.

SVTCAPRI

[quote author=jaa55 link=topic=387.msg857#msg857 date=1264690508]
now im going to use a stock bellhousing, the pilot shaft on the 4.6 is the same size and the v8 t-5. my plan was if i decided to run an 8 bolt crank was to use a 3.8 bellhousing with also has the same size flywheel, and a 94 and up t-5 input shaft
[/quote]

I read this and its a nice write up but I'm suprized they did explain the diff between the 6 and 8 bolt cranks on the 4.6! The 6 bolt is cast iron and the 8 bolts are forged steel

8t9notch

im running a t45 on my 4.6 not a t5 due to the fact that the bellhousing to use the t5 cost 500, and i picked up a built t45 for 200 and a fidanza flywheel for 20. I also decided not to run headers to keep cost down, so i picked up some 96 cobra exhaust manifolds for 67 dollars. For wiring im gonna have a shop here in kansas wire it for me, for 600 dollars vs the detail zones 900 dollar one, i think thats the way to go. Im gonna use the mark viii harness since i didnt hack it up when i pulled the motor. Im hoping to have car together and running in july

8t9notch

I got the k- member installed driver side suspension installed. I had so much trouble removing the k member, a torch was needed three times. One of the a arm bushing bolts would not come out like it was welded to the k member. So i had my dad come over with the torch and fix that. That a arm bushing caught on fire and needed to be replaced so i bought one. Im trying to replace it myself to find out you need to have it pressed out. Well i bent the a arm. Found that out after i got the bushing in. So one should be here next week hopefully. Been having problems but, at this complex of a project its gonna happen. I know this much im not gonna give up now. I would lose too much money. Just gotta stay motivated.

8t9notch

Im deleting the imrc's but instead of buyin the deletes for 280. I decided just to clean them up and remove the butterflies. The bar is still in the imrcs but i dont think that will matter much. Found out today that i also need to buy a intake tube from a 97-98 mark viii. Im gonna have cold air on my car. I gotta customize the maf to keep, the price of buyin stuff down. Im makin progress everyday.

8t9notch

I found out today that you dont need the cobra or gt pedals. I made my pedals work without modifying the pedal. All you have to modify is where it bolts on from the hydro boost, just like what you do at the firewall.