• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

keeping stock instrument clsuter

Svt Fox

Staff member
Yes you can keep your factory cluster! And if you run boost, there is a factory gauge that you can use!

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I am keeping mine but cant use the speedo, due to the old style mechanic cable with my tremec 3650, if someone makes a adapter to convert it to mechanical rather than electronic i dont know if they do but it would sure be a good investment.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
the tremec 3650 doesnt even have a place for the mechanical speed sensor, is has the electronic VSS so i dont think it is possible to run it mechanically.

Svt Fox

Staff member
the tremec 3650 doesnt even have a place for the mechanical speed sensor, is has the electronic VSS so i dont think it is possible to run it mechanically.

I know. Did you try taking out the speed sensor and installing the mechanical version.

Speedtospare

I use the stock fox dash. Since the t-56 uses a VSS signal vs a mechanical cable i purchased a Cable X for the speedo. You can use a Autometer Tach adapter for the speedo. I have oil and water temp mechanical gauges in the car for monitoring the crucial things.

All the remaining mach 1 sensors are monitored using a blue tooth adapter and a program called Torque on my Xoom touch pad. intake temp, egr, throttle position, 02's, narrow-band fuel ratio, rpm, trip meter, everything you can think of all displayed on a digital dash