• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MODFOX install question

rusqtsi

How to get the car started?

1- 89 mustang
2-2004 S/C drivetrain
3- DetailZone Wiring MK97A

After a year + I am finally getting close to finishing.

Issue at hand, unable to start.

Installed all the wires back to the control box, no issues there.
Installed the ECU, no issues

What the harness kit doesn't include or give you instructions for is how to wire the alternator and starter.

Any thoughts, the fox body with 302 alternator was on the driver side and alternator on pass side. 2004 cobra engine has them both on lower pass side.

How to wire them? do i need some sort of distribution box?

Please help thanks PICS speak a thousand words for me

Bill

Staff member
Donator
When you turn the key on, does the system power the fuel pump and ignition system? My thoughts are that you could go old school and wire the starter with a push button switch if the rest of the system is powered. You might be able to do something similar with a two-wire alternator setup. I don't know much about DetailZone wiring. Have you called them to see what they recommend?

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
How to get the car started?

1- 89 mustang
2-2004 S/C drivetrain
3- DetailZone Wiring MK97A

After a year + I am finally getting close to finishing.

Issue at hand, unable to start.

Installed all the wires back to the control box, no issues there.
Installed the ECU, no issues

What the harness kit doesn't include or give you instructions for is how to wire the alternator and starter.

Any thoughts, the fox body with 302 alternator was on the driver side and alternator on pass side. 2004 cobra engine has them both on lower pass side.

How to wire them? do i need some sort of distribution box?

Please help thanks PICS speak a thousand words for me
Use your exsisting wiring for your starter and Alternator.

rusqtsi

Use your exsisting wiring for your starter and Alternator.

I dont even know what the starter wiring looks like.. I know I got the alternator one. Should I also use the starter solenoid that was on the drivers fender?

found some pics while googling. 1 -It looks like I need to go from the starter to the round solenoid located on drivers fender. 2- from alternator to the same round solenoid on fender
3- from battery + to same solenoid again.

additionally found the alternator has a 3 wire plug... where does that connect to?

Last edited:

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I dont even know what the starter wiring looks like.. I know I got the alternator one. Should I also use the starter solenoid that was on the drivers fender?

found some pics while googling. 1 -It looks like I need to go from the starter to the round solenoid located on drivers fender. 2- from alternator to the same round solenoid on fender
3- from battery + to same solenoid again.

additionally found the alternator has a 3 wire plug... where does that connect to?
on vacation right now and don't have my computer to help with the wiring... It should be on here. Yes you will still have to use the solenoid..

FuturaGuy

Staff member
Rusqtsi:

I hope you still have the CD I gave you a few years ago. If you go into the EVTM, Section 12 covers the charging system, Section 20 covers the starter, and Section 21 covers ignition. Send me a PM. Maybe I can help you thru this.

rusqtsi

Rusqtsi:

I hope you still have the CD I gave you a few years ago. If you go into the EVTM, Section 12 covers the charging system, Section 20 covers the starter, and Section 21 covers ignition. Send me a PM. Maybe I can help you thru this.

ARGHHH the disc doesnt install on Windows 7.. gonna have to find an older PC with w-XP

Last edited:

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Rusqtsi:

CD? Can I have one:) or better yet upload it here..

FuturaGuy

Staff member
Having low friends (in this case an engineer at Ford) in high places, thirteen years ago I was able to get the shop manual CD's for all the 1998 and 1999 North American-built Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln passenger cars. Being that old, the CD's aren't compatible with Windows 7 or 8. My old computer still has Windows XP and probably more viruses than the CDC in Atlanta. If you're really desperate, I can hook up the old computer to a printer and print out what you need.