• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modular fox swap pics:

d90212

yes...left the small tail pipe to imitate a sleeper...if you pull up from behind...the side exhaust is hidden by the rear tires...

if you noticed my suspension pic...youll see that i once used AN fittings and braided lines to run my fuel system...over a few years of daily driving... you could slowly smell fuel vapors outside of the car... thus using the wrecked cobra stock fuel lines...i double flared them with the 5.0 fuel lines...

If your planning on using 2.3L fuel lines...you cant..or youll have to modify them because the lines end on the opposite side of the car which is the drivers side...

coilover-1.gif

bye bye braided fuel lines!
1237688440404.jpg

the new lines spliced together
1237688368335.jpg

1237688290922.jpg

d90212

after 8 years...dont know why now i am having problems with the the overflow/filling/thermostat problems... It usually happens before the thermostat opens and will often overflow my small catch can...I guess i could have put in a bigger catch can...but the modular setup was so much better. will be upgrading to a stock fan as well for reliability...after 8 years one of my twin fans died...

before:
newcoolingfan.gif

After:
1240704675314.jpg

d90212

ok...upgraded the cooling fan after one of the twin fan motors took a crap...

according to the wiring diagrams...the 4.6/5.0 electric fan is fused for 60 amps. though as you know...when you use a fuse...you usually calculate a 10%-20% more amperage and install a fuse... so around 45-50 amps would probably be safe...to say max draw on initial start up..

now finding a high amperage relay might be expensive...so i decided for an over kill with a starter relay...and for fuse protection a 50 amp circuit breaker...

excuse the spaghetti mess...i was in a bit of rush and didnt want to down my car...

1243019328118.jpg

1243019376848.jpg

kweb288

how hard was it to put in the wiring? that seems like the most intimidating part of the swap

Looks good

d90212

[quote author=kweb288 link=topic=213.msg639#msg639 date=1247018286]
how hard was it to put in the wiring? that seems like the most intimidating part of the swap
Looks good
[/quote]
Sorry I didn't get to answer you earlier...just got out from basic and have lost touch of everything for the past 2 months...

For wiring..I guess it really depends how comfortable you are with your own skills...having the right books such as the evtm for both vehicles helps a ton!

kweb288

d90212 said:
Sorry I didn't get to answer you earlier...just got out from basic and have lost touch of everything for the past 2 months...

For wiring..I guess it really depends how comfortable you are with your own skills...having the right books such as the evtm for both vehicles helps a ton!

its cool man, ya i know how to do mechanical stuff... Its the electrical wirirng im a little sketchy at haha. Now for the radiator and everything in front of the engine, does that stuff just slide right into the fox'es engine bay? or do you have to make any special brackets?

THanks

d90212

[quote author=kweb288 link=topic=213.msg701#msg701 date=1251726132]
its cool man, ya i know how to do mechanical stuff... Its the electrical wirirng im a little sketchy at haha. Now for the radiator and everything in front of the engine, does that stuff just slide right into the fox'es engine bay? or do you have to make any special brackets?
THanks
[/quote]
That depends on what radiator you will be using...sn radiators supported the radiator different from foxes...best to use that closed loop cooling system in the newer 96+ mustangs.. 96-98 support bracket for the overflow reservoir is now obsolete...but the newer mach 1 style support bar is one piece and can pretty much bolt or rivet on.. just gotta make some support brackets for the top resevoir mounts too the radiator...nothing 2 hard