• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need some help, sn95/fox swap

Derek2626

Great website, lot of smart people in here....here's my question to you guys...can I swap my 94 gt 5.0 engine, bellhousing, tranny, driveshaft and rear end into my 93 notchback without any issues? Going to swap wiring harness, interior and dash also. Thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes. It will all swap right in with only normal work. The 94 Kmember and front suspension will be an improvement over the 93 and will allow your wheelbase to match the back. Virtually all the parts off of you 94 can be used on your 93.

Derek2626

Yes. It will all swap right in with only normal work. The 94 Kmember and front suspension will be an improvement over the 93 and will allow your wheelbase to match the back. Virtually all the parts off of you 94 can be used on your 93.
Thanks for the quick reply bill...I won't be using the k member, the notch has a aftermarket tubular k member...so there won't be any length issues,? I've heard that the 94 trans is a little bit longer than fox and that the crossmember/trans mount don't line up, along with the shifter location....any thoughts? Thanks again

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I hadn't heard that the 94 T5 was any different than the others, but have never used one. I would plan on using the fox mount and slot the holes if you need to.

Thanks for the quick reply bill...I won't be using the k member, the notch has a aftermarket tubular k member...so there won't be any length issues,? I've heard that the 94 trans is a little bit longer than fox and that the crossmember/trans mount don't line up, along with the shifter location....any thoughts? Thanks again

The 94+ T5 trans input shafts & bellhousings are around 5/8 longer. Using these in a fox would also make the driveshaft too long. You could probably sell the entire 94 setup for more than the price of a used fox setup.

Another option would be to keep the trans since it is the higher torque rating (1990+) and swap to a new fox input shaft and new bearing retainer while you're at it. I believe I paid around $100. Then you can sell the 94 95 5.0 bellhousing for more than a fox bellhousing costs. Only issue would be the SN95 T5 does not have a neutral safety switch. So you will need to splice the fox body harness or build a jumper plug.

mustangman570

Donator
You can use the sn95 Trans and drive shafts without issue. I have done it in the past. Stick with the 94/95 computer and wiring. It is the better computer, and also has controls for dual speed electric fans.