• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New guy in Az

azsnake

Hey all
Checking in from Arizona. A few years ago I obtained a 93 Fox 2.3 with an 8.8/5 lug conversion/4 wheel disk, etc etc. I was going to build this car for a track car (already got a tubular K Member for a mod swap), but my 15yr old daughter has showed some interest. That being said I've decided to do the mod swap and give her the car. I just happened to be given a 98 rolling chassis a few weeks ago, so I'll pull the interior out of that, and move it into the Fox and then locate a 99-04 4.6/AOD out of a GT. The 98 rolling chassis will be my new track car project (I'm going to gut the ever living crap out of that thing) I also still happen to have all of my (now sold) 98 Cobra suspension laying around (Upper/Lower ctrl arms, Eibach Pro-Kit, FRPP AL driveshaft, gears, etc, etc) so it should be a fun project with my daughter. I'm sure I'm going to have a host of questions, especially with swapping the hydroboost over and with using the 98's steering column. I'll be sure to use the search function to it's full potential before I toss up a new thread.

Nice thing is my ex-wife said she would pay for new paint (white factory paint really isn't half bad) and all new interior and exterior trim (az sun HAMMERS black plastic and rubber on the outside of cars)

The car when I picked it up from the prior owner
IMG_1876.JPG IMG_1877.JPG

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. Make yourself at home and dig in. Is that All American sticker yours or did it come with the car?

azsnake

Welcome to the site. Make yourself at home and dig in. Is that All American sticker yours or did it come with the car?
Prior owner had the sticker on there, and he was a poser. He never served with any branch. I removed the sticker as soon as I got it, as I also didn't deserve to have it there. Going to bring the car down to have it painted as soon as I strip it. Going to keep it white. It's going to my daughter, shes a geek and a star Wars fan so shes named it "The Trooper". I wanted it to be "White Lightning", but shes overruled me. I'll be keeping the car title under my name, and if she ever decides to get a new vehicle I'll be taking the car back.