• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New guy, preparing to do a mod swap soon

fstfrd

Donator
Great site guys, I've been kind of browsing around on here, and the conversions some of you guys have done are simply amazing....just seeing your work inspires me to definitely make the swap into my notch !
I'm sure I'll be asking questions here and there, but I'm sure I'll get it done before summer !

fstfrd

Donator
Thanks guys...I'll be posting pics soon of my progress, I just snatched the 4cyl out of the coupe last night, and I'll be pushing fwd throughout the week as well.

fstfrd

Donator
Ok...so I'm at a cross road ! Should I throw a 4 valve in the coupe or go with a 2 valve ? I love the cobra engines! But is the potential that much greater than a 2 valve ? Can I make a two valve just as fast as a 4 with some decent cams and associated bolt ons ?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Start here: http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/teksid-2v-tech-article-must-read.821/
The short answer is that you can make a 2 valve perform really well. If you have the skill to change the valves in a two valve, you have the skill to do the aluminum block upgrade. I would say that this is a good place to cash a reality check. What do you want the car to do? How will the car be used 90+% of the time? How often will the car see actual track time, and what kind of track? How often will the car see traffic? Tell us what you have in mind and we will be happy to steer you in the right direction. Either 2V or 4V conversions make really cool cars. Most here will tell you the easiest way (regardless of what engine you choose) is to buy a donor car so you have all the little pieces.

fstfrd

Donator
Great article on the 2 valve potential...We'll I took your advice and decided on a donor car (97 Cobra), which I just picked up yesterday. The car runs great, and is pretty clean, it has 104k on her...... I almost hate to pull it apart but since I'm throwing everything in the notch I should be fine, and the car should drive the same ! I appreciate your help Bill, thanks for responding ! The project starts March 1st....pics to follow

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You will love the way your coupe drives with that 97 Cobra as a donor.

fstfrd

Donator
Thanks 99 Big Red.... Update: The notch is in for paint, I decided to go with Ford Emerald green as my color of choice, and just yesterday I completed the IMRC clean, and intake clean up on the 97. The car seems to be a bit peppier now....! I can't wait to get cracking on his swap.

99 big red

That's good to here mine has looked the same since November. Haven't touched it sense. Kinda sucks but all I need is maybe three more days then paint.