• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new here couple questions.

tim-g

Hi my names Tim from southern mn. I have a 88 notch and plan on swapping 4.6 into it, i have a whole car 96 gt. I just have a couple of questions about the a/c. Is it easiest to use the fox a/c system ? Does the modular lines fit?

Getting the car wired up and running i have no problem with. I just have no idea about how the a/c stuff and how the cooling fan will be controlled. any info is greatly appreciated.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Tim. Welcome to the party. There are several threads on here that show different ways to do the AC lines. There really isn't a simple answer to your question until we know more about what you plan. Are you doing the interior swap?

whiteponygt

Modular lines fit the Fox ac condenser coil ,just hooked mine up as far as the firewall hook ups I used the cobra heater box ,wouldn't recommend that unless u use the sn dash.I used the cobra box and the Fox dash and they don't seal good cuz the sn heater box is on a slant and the Fox vent system is flat

cpearson1342

Definitely takes a little bit of work, I kept my 86 evaporator box but split it to get the core out and got the ends from the 2003 tig welded on. Then put it back together and had to do a little moving in the engine bay. Used 2003 everything other than evaporator box, core and heater core. Just haven't hooked up the condenser yet because it's a little big and I don't want to take my front clip off again