• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Hoosier here!!!

4VFOX

Hey guys and gals, Corey here. Recently moved up to Winona Lake, IN from Woodstock GA. Ive been a Mechanic for a number of years, and a car guy all my life. Ive had several 240SXs, FC RX7s, a couple Mustangs (96 Mystic Cobra and 2012 V6) as well a several trucks, jeeps and a little bit of everything. Currently I'm working for a NAPA store in Warsaw, IN. I Daily drive a 2003 Crown Vic (67,XXX miles and rust free from GA) that ive changed a few little things (2.5" exhaust with Flowmaster knock-offs, custom x-pipe, Maurader tips, Modified airbox, Msd Coils, 2015 17" mustang rims, and kumho tires).

I've been dreaming of owning and building a Notchback fox for years and years. I'm hoping to pick one up before Spring. I've been reading up a lot on the Mark VIII 32V swap, and I'm pretty sure thats what I would go with. Not looking to make crazy power. I want to make it clean and reliable enough to drive on the weekends, take it to some shows, and slide around at an occasional drift event. I also want it to sound great. Besides Brenspeed (which I'm really wanting to work there), are there any more decent mustang shops up here in the Mid-west to get info from and eventual tuning from? Thanks guys and cant wait to get to know everyone.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Corey. Welcome to the party. It sounds like you have the skills to do the build. The Mark VIII is a great option for a donor car, and will give you many of the parts you need to make the swap. It will also give you a ton of spare parts to sell or trade. If you start with the complete Mark VIII driveline and wiring, you can always upgrade after you have it running. That will give you the factory level of dependability and power as a starting point. I'm sure you will be able to find what you need on this site, so dig in and make yourself at home.

4VFOX

Are they're any major obstacles to overcome between doing this swap in a 4-eyed fox vs an 87-93? I really want a clean notchback, but I cant decide between a 4-eye and a 87-UP. I guess I'll just have to wait till the right shell comes along

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I prefer the 4-eyed. There really aren't any real issues with one compared to the other. Ford changed the trans tunnel slightly to accommodate the World Class T5, but you only have to trim the hole slightly to make everything fit perfectly. If you to with the auto trans, that isn't even a consideration

Speedtospare

Are they're any major obstacles to overcome between doing this swap in a 4-eyed fox vs an 87-93? I really want a clean notchback, but I cant decide between a 4-eye and a 87-UP. I guess I'll just have to wait till the right shell comes along

no difference except the 85 and older cars only come with a 7.5 rear end instead of the 8.8. I snapped my 8.8 axles on the second pass with 4.10 and a set of drag radials.

cpearson1342

Cooling is the only issue I have had so far. I'm going to try to angle my heat exchanger differently and get a high flow water pump and see how it is after that.