• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member 93 Fox swap

Effortless0688

So I'm starting to plan everything out for this winter to start swapping my fox. 93 v8 car that I loved until the engine went and my wife backed into it. It went to a shop and I replaced all the sheet metal shock towers forward. Then life happened and we bought a house then started a remodel and it has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for the past 3 years. I ended up with a killer deal on a 1 owner 02 GT with 60k on it, and have been driving it but I am ready to be back in the fox. So I've done some searching trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I will be using a majority of the donor car except the interior. I plan on dropping the k member complete and installing in the fox same with rear end and was wondering if anyone went this route. I know rear end is wider same with track width of the front. But are there any other issues? I will be taking many pictures and doing a write up of everything I see as well.

Attachments

• 20190528_074659.jpg
    20190528_074659.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20190528_074845.jpg
    20190528_074845.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 6

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. You are in the right place to find all the answers. You will find pictures of how to modify the kmember, as there are some options. You'll fine that the fuel lines, brake lines, and many other systems are a near match that can easily be adapted to your Fox. The route you're planning is a good path for your first conversion. Planning is everything, so start a build thread and make yourself at home.

Effortless0688

Awesome, thanks Bill. Honestly was beginning to wonder if the forum was even active anymore. Don't see very much activity around here.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The forum isn't as active as it used to be, but it comes and goes. There are a lot of builders who come onto the forum for the information, finish their build and don't show up much after they finish. I'm okay with that, because the tend to deposit some good content while they are here and the come back from time to time. They need to live their lives and enjoy their ride. I don't frequent a lot of the other Mustang sites anymore. I got tired of the drama and BS. I used to own half of a Mustang speed shop and put up with the BS for a living. I sold out in 2009 after the economy went south. Now I just enjoy turning the occasional wrench and helping guys like you get started and make good decisions. The site owner here doesn't put up with the BS for long. Most of the folks who do hang around are guys who are willing to help answer questions and give advise based on their own experience.

Xporter

I'm almost done doing this in my 92, used an 04 GT as a donor. You'll probably want to keep the foxbody arms up front. I'd suggest a different rear end as you'll be limited to what wheels you can run if you use the one out of the 02.

Effortless0688

I'm almost done doing this in my 92, used an 04 GT as a donor. You'll probably want to keep the foxbody arms up front. I'd suggest a different rear end as you'll be limited to what wheels you can run if you use the one out of the 02.

Time being I will be using the new edge arms and rear, as I have already thrown away the fox arms by mistake and had new arms with steeda balljoints just sitting here waiting. As for the rear it will eventually go irs so I will probably just deal with lack of wheel choices until I get to that point.