• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member from Nc

Hi everyone. My name is Josh Taylor and I'm from Statesville NC area. I have an 88 fox vert. I actually started this project about 10 yrs ago. I had a 408w with tf highports that I was originally going to build but got married and built a house......sold parts and have never got around to finishing my project. Last year I got all the suspension put back under the car so it is finally rolling again after sitting on jack stands for 8 yrs lol. It still has the original 5.0/aod in it right now but I have installed eibach lowering springs, sn95 spindles with cobra brakes in the front and a 3.55 rear end with fox length axles and NR brackets with cobra brakes. I have an original saleen kit that I am getting installed also.
I was still planning on a 351w until I went on a road trip with my brother who has an 03 terminator cobra. He talked me into doing a modular swap so plans have changed. I already have two 4r70w trans at home that I was going to take the gears out of to swap into my aod so I still want to stay auto. I wish I could use the aod since I already have the 1 piece input, manual vb, and converter for it. A way I'm trying to decide between 3v and 4v. I have located a super deal on a low mileage 3v longblock but I know it will need rods and pistons to hold future boost. My brother also has a buddy with a super low mileage 03 cobra shortblock but of course for alot more $! I found an Aviator Anyways, this is where I'm at right now. Just wanted to introduce myself. It looks like there is alot of info on here that will be very useful for me!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Josh. Welcome to the site. There are plenty of builds on here that can help you look at and decide what you want to do. Dig in and make yourself at home. There are also plenty of opinions on here, so get you post count square and enjoy.