• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member in Mobile Al.

smartin436

I don't have a mustang but I am in the process of swapping a 4.6 DOHC and AODE into a Lotus Super 7 Replica. I hope to gain some knowledge and share some of mine

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. Post up some pics when you get the chance. That build should be similar to a Factory Five, depending on how the chassis is set up. Are you going open wheel or are you putting fenders on?

smartin436

This is her.........she is up and running right now with a 5.0 and a T5. Got about 6k miles on it since it was finished.....open wheel is cool. These pics were taken on our 3k miles road trip from Mobile to Eureka Springs Ar, then over the east Tennessee to do the Tail of the Dragon and a few other roads. In the rain sucked pretty bad, rooster tail of water off the rear tires would spray under the bottom side of the roof and run down on us................it really sucked a couple of times. Look at the pic crossing the Mississippi river at Memphis. It rained on us so hard that the paper in the air filter got soaked and choked the engine out. I had to pull out some of the paper to get the engine to run again and get us off the side of the interstate in a blinding thunder storm...What fun......Downtown Eureka Springs.JPG We did get to turn her loose a few times on the mountain roads in TM....she will corner hard enough to make your guts hurt.....lot of fun.
I Plan on running my 4.6 on the test stand after I do a little work on it......when I'm ready I'll pull the 5.0 and start doing the mods to the chassis to get this big boy in it. I'm thinking of using a manual shift AOD this time.......not definite yet on that... The engine will probably get a Megasquirt 1 firing COP. I'll make a set of headers for it, other than that it will be stock.
Crossing Miss River at Memphis.JPG Mt Nebo Arkansas.JPG Overlook on the Cherohala Skyway.JPG Overlook.JPG

BTW, the lovely lady in the pics is my wife Heidi. She's very special...........She let me talk her into a 3k mile road trip in an open roadster!!!!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I dig it. I don't think I'd dig it in the rain, but the open wheels are cool most of the time.