• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member introduction

De Andre Robbins

I'm looking forward to my third mustang soon. I had both a 13 V6 and a 13 GT. after spending way too much money and voiding all of the warranties in he 6 months i had it, i traded it in on a daily driver so i could build the mustang of my dreams and not worry about messing up my only car.

I'm looking to start building an 87-93 hatch in february. I've pretty much planned out everything i need but i know theres much more that i need that i dont know about. I plan on buying a wrecked 97 or newer gt mustang for a parts car. i know i need the wiring harness and full suspension from it to do a 5 lug swap at the same time.

As far as the engine is concerned i'm going to pull a 4v 4.6 teksid block out of a mark viii in the local junk yard and pull the heads and intake manifold off of a 2000 continental. i want to do a high compression, high revving engine build with forged internals, ported heads, and a ported intake manifold. i havent figured out what manual trans im going to use yet though.

any tips would be appreciated

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. You'll find there is a great deal of information on this site that will help you plan your build. There are several ways to do each thing you will need to do, so the better you plan your build the easier it will be. As far as the aluminum block upgrade goes, check this link out: http://modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/teksid-2v-tech-article-must-read.821/
It is a bit out of date for the newer stuff, but will give you an idea of what to look for. You plan for a parts car is the right way to go. I personally like the 99 and newer, but the 96-98 work as well. Spend some time going through all the build threads to look at how different people do things. I recommend you create a build book on you computer that will give you a place to download and save all the how-to stuff you will find. This lets you create a step-by-step plan that some of the experienced builders on there can go through with you. Your choice in transmission will depend on what you want the car to do. This is a good opportunity for you to cash a reality check and determine what kind of time and money you want to put into your ride and what it will spend 90%+ of its life cycle doing. Do you go to shows? Do you drag race? Do you want to autocross or open track? Do you want 500 lbs. + of audio/visual equipment. It is all good. But, no single car is going to be good at all of that, so pick what you like. If you want to do road rallies like Mustangs Across America, Hotrod Power Tour, or if you want to run speed at the Texas Mile or the Silver State Classic, you need to plan for that. Above all, plan to build something you can be proud of. Make your self at home.

De Andre Robbins

it's going to be primarily a weekend street car. it might see the track a few times per year. it will mostly be a show car with a striped interior. i want it to be as light as possible with no abs, no ac, and possibly no power steering.

thanks for the welcome