• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to Mod motors...doing the swap.

hillbilly pony

ok first question is...

does anyone have any details on the electrical changes to swap into a 4cyl car. preferrably actual wire designators and needed changes to make cobra ecu and harness work with my body harness..

Justin

lx_90_coupe

[quote author=hillbilly pony link=topic=677.msg1400#msg1400 date=1301873230]
ok first question is...

does anyone have any details on the electrical changes to swap into a 4cyl car. preferrably actual wire designators and needed changes to make cobra ecu and harness work with my body harness..

Justin
[/quote]

Hi I am in the process of doing a swap myself I don't know what type of budget you have to play with but there is a company called RJM Injection Tech, they have a complete harness that will provide everything thing for your swap as far as connections and even has all the computer models that the harness is compatible with or in the process of being made compatible with. I would strongly suggest looking into it and then you could even sale your harness and recoupe some of the money you spend on there's, I guess it just depends on how easy you want the install to be or if you dont care to do wiring.

hillbilly pony

are you putting it into a fox...if so is it a 4cyl car.

i would like to find the pin out for the harness and be able to sub in a cobra computer and re pin the body harness to work with it...

lx_90_coupe

[quote author=hillbilly pony link=topic=677.msg1408#msg1408 date=1302206241]
are you putting it into a fox...if so is it a 4cyl car.

i would like to find the pin out for the harness and be able to sub in a cobra computer and re pin the body harness to work with it...
[/quote]

Yeah I am putting it into a fox and my car is an original V8 car but I don't think there should be any differences to the body harness.