• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newb from WI

MeanLX

Hi guys, my name is Tony I'm for Deforest just outside Madison, WI. I have an '86 T-bird that I'm considering doing a 3V swap on. Then again I just ran across a pretty good deal on a '94 Mark that needs suspension work.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Welcome! Nice to see a local-ish guy. Im in the Milwaukee area.

I suggest 4V. I'm biased and they look sexier.

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. It will be nice to see a Tbird swap on here.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Hi guys, my name is Tony I'm for Deforest just outside Madison, WI. I have an '86 T-bird that I'm considering doing a 3V swap on. Then again I just ran across a pretty good deal on a '94 Mark that needs suspension work.
Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay..

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Depending on how deep you plan to go into it, it will be virtually identical. If you plan to keep the Tbird dash, the wiring will be slightly different, but nothing that can't be overcome. Did you buy the Lincoln?

MeanLX

Not yet. Honestly, the reason I started thinking about doing a Mod was because FRPP offered the Control Pack for the 3V. The 4V makes me a bit uncomfortable so I've trying to gather as much info about wiring up the 4V as possible. Why couldn't Ford offer a Control Pack for the 4v?!?! LOL

I'm not sure about the dash yet. I'd like to put something more modern in, at the very least the cluster.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I agree that running the control pack makes the 3V very attractive. If you are willing to spend the money on the motor and control pack, I say go for the 3V. The Lincoln motors look cool under the hood, but not any more so than a 3V. They are cheaper, but don't make as much power and won't be as easy to install as the 3V with the control pack (based on what I've read...I've never done the 3V). This swap will have your blood and sweat in it. It has to reflect what you like, not what anyone else likes. You're doing exactly the right thing. Read everything...twice. Ask questions. The better you plan and the better you understand, the better your swap experience will be.

whipple95cobra

tony welcome this is a great site for all your mod install questions these guys are great and there is lots of info on here.