• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Power windows, with stock fox dash and new edge harness

92dohcfox

i am new to this forum. i have built a 1992 mustang coupe with a 2001 cobra drivetrain. i kept the fox dash, have a/c. one thing that i searched for and found either swapping out the door harnesses with the sn95/new edge ones, which i didn't have, or cutting up the fox harnesses on each door and adapt it to the new edge harness. The new edge cars have a individual hanesses in the body harness for each door (as most new cars do). they are brown color connectors located at the bottom of each a pillar when body harness is installled in vehicle. the foxbody actually has 1 harness for both doors, sort of. foxbody has a harness located in each door. then behind the dash that runs from drivers to passenger side is a harness that connects both doors together. LEAVE THAT IN THE CAR!! WHY? you say. because to get the power windows working, it is 2 wire install. Alot of people on here say that the passenger door feeds the driver's door with power through that single harness, which is true, but, the power feed for that whole harness is on the driver's side a pillar hanging right next to the door harness connector. it is a 2 wire grey connector with 1 pink and 1 black wire, due to seperate grounds already installed, all you need to do is feed the pink wire, fused power, thats it!! i took the power from the new edge harness, made my own connector (with spade type cased connectors from local parts store) and bam!! power windows. Easier than any other option.

92dohcfox

oh yeah here you go, i know, i know, still have to clean up some wiring and make an acceptable coolant bottle bracket, just got it driving one day ago and tuned with Delta force software. runs awesome. 3:73 gears also. 20150619_215455.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That's an awesome build. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the wiring information. I'm sure it will come in handy for someone. At some point, please consider doing a write-up about how you did your power door wiring and put it in the wiring section. That way everyone that is searching for that information will be able to find it.

92dohcfox

That's an awesome build. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the wiring information. I'm sure it will come in handy for someone. At some point, please consider doing a write-up about how you did your power door wiring and put it in the wiring section. That way everyone that is searching for that information will be able to find it.
Sorry, new, I thought this was the right section. Is there any way a moderator could move it?

rq323

very nice build im new here i like all the info on here i just cant click into any files to see more any input on what i can do