• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

probably a newbie question

bigjohnsondohc

I cant really find a solid answer to the question I have and I am willing to bet it is really simple. Basically, I have a 97 mark viii engine that I got from the junkyard and I dont want to rewire the whole car. Ive been seeing alot of you post about the detail zone stand alone harness and was wondering, with a tuned pcm for bypassing the pats system, does this happen to have all wiring to run the engine or is there other modifications needed, if so then what are they? And basically this kit connects the engine to the foxbody harness?

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I cant really find a solid answer to the question I have and I am willing to bet it is really simple. Basically, I have a 97 mark viii engine that I got from the junkyard and I dont want to rewire the whole car. Ive been seeing alot of you post about the detail zone stand alone harness and was wondering, with a tuned pcm for bypassing the pats system, does this happen to have all wiring to run the engine or is there other modifications needed, if so then what are they? And basically this kit connects the engine to the foxbody harness?
The Detail Zone has all the wiring to start the engine..

bigjohnsondohc

what does that mean exactly? I emailed the company and thats the same response that they gave me which is kind of vague. Does it replace the entire engine harness and plug into the computer? What other wiring needs to be done?