• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Quarter Window Molding

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
BOSS_HOTROD said:
Heres a couple of mine. I use duplicolor engine enamel and they look great. All my trim is done with the stuff and I never have to worry about fading.

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Anyone have experience doing this? Or another way?

myers407

Staff member
Is that the factory windows? My trim has sucome to the old age like many others but I have seen that it sands down some what clean, I think I will give this a try and see how it works.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Is that the factory windows? My trim has sucome to the old age like many others but I have seen that it sands down some what clean, I think I will give this a try and see how it works.

Well, I was going to try it out, and post my results, But, stopped at a local paint and body shop today and the guy talk me into having the car painted.. We will see how it come out..

FatFoxx

They look and fit great! I got them without the Mustang logo on them. I put my own logo instead. It worked out great!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The replacement stuff does look nice. I recommend clearing them before installation. If you don't, they tend to fade after a couple of years.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
True, but it goes for all the edge moldings. My 86 and my 85 had really faded molding when I started. The last time I saw them, the molding still looked really good after several years...with the exception of one piece that was damaged.