• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

should i use the fox body harness to run interior lighting etc.?

meats50

So i have a 92 notch. It has power mirrors, locks, windows, and seats. Im swapping an 03 cobra motor, trans in. I have all the wiring from the 03. All motor harness' and the body harness. I also have all the harness' from the fox. My question is whaats the easiest way to wire all my creature comforts. Is it possible to use the 03 body harness to power all my inside electrical needs. Or should i splice in the fox harness. And if so how to i go about it? Ill be using the 03 cluster. The rest of the inside will remain stock. Also i will be using the 03 airbox and most likely ac controls just to make life easier. Thanks for any info

FuturaGuy

Staff member
I would recommend keeping as much of the Fox wiring intact to power the creature features, especially if you're going to keep the Fox dashboard. Using the '03 body harnesses in a Fox has been done, but it seems like a lot of work and for what? All your accessories are already there and operating.

meats50

wish I would have read this before so I could ask some questions. But im eager to keep the project moving and contacted a member of modularfords whom used the entire 03/04 harness in the fox. I have a complete donor car minus the interior. Altho the gauges were left in the car. Ive decided to use the cobra gauges, heater box, and the body harness. i ordered wiring manuals for both cars and am hoping that alot of getting the interior features (ie: power windows, mirrors, locks, vanity lights, etc) will be as simple as reppining some of the cobra connectors with the old fox plugs to match whats already there on the seats and what not. Im sure it wont be that easy, and ill have to make my own harness, but im also not that far along yet. Installed the engine and body harness and put power to it. Now im waiting on my manuals to arrive and installing the cobra pedals and hydro boost in the meantime. thank you for your response tho. :D