• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Steering question.

deadbird

87 Tbird turbo/02 mustang GT drivetrain.

I am swapping to the hydro boost as needed. I am trying to figure out a couple things that I can't figure out.

Which steering rack do I use? How do I get all of this to work?

I have my Tbird steering rack and the mustang. If I use the mustang one how do I get the steering shafts to mate up?

How do I get the hydro boost stuff to work?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
http://modularfoxmustangs.com/commu...-fox-swap-any-pointers.1202/page-3#post-11372
This is a good place to start. The bottom line is going to come down to what control arms you're running. If you use the fox length arms, use the fox rack. If you use the SN59 length arms, use the SN95 rack (actually it isn't the rack, but the tie rods, but if you have both...). Assuming you are using the Tbird column, if you use the SN95 rack, you'll need to by a steering shaft that is designed to mate the two together. There are several out there. If you don't want to buy a shaft, but you want to run the sSN95 control arms, you can (although I've never done it) change to the longer tie rods on the fox rack.

deadbird

Control arms are the same. And from what I can tell the k member is skinnier then the mustang by around an inch but the steering rack is wider by around an inch?

Mustang steering rack and Tbird arms should work?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I am not a Tbird guy by any means, and haven't dug into my old stuff to see if I have data. If you think it looks right, go for it. If it doesn't line up later, tie rods are not that hard to change.