• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

T56

CapriGT

I'm leaning towards going with the 03/04 Cobra engine with T56. Does T56 use a cable operated clutch like the Fox. Which driveshaft do I need? What's the best crossmember option considering my car is 1980 with the narrower mounting points on the body.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm leaning towards going with the 03/04 Cobra engine with T56. Does T56 use a cable operated clutch like the Fox. Which driveshaft do I need? What's the best crossmember option considering my car is 1980 with the narrower mounting points on the body.
If you don't find a cross member to fit the 80, you might consider changing the mount brackets. As I recall, the early Capri has five (or maybe six) spot welds holding each mount in place.

raysmust

You will have to move the crossmember brackets on the floor. I would get a Stifflers crossmember as they fit very well.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Stifflers is an outstanding quality manufacturer. If you buy from them directly, tell Brian Figg that Bill from Atlantic Coast Mustang says hi.