• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

v4 blows white smoke

thomas

mod fox
Hello everybody and thank you for having me. Having an issue with my 4v it blows white smoke but only when I get on it. No ticks no power loss, no fluid loss. No codes. I'm lost only thing I can think of is there are no cats.? I'm plaing to do a compression check some time this week.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. How many miles are on your 4V and what did it originally come out of? Is the long block stock, or has it been open? Tell us more about what you are working on, so we can make some better assumptions

cpearson1342

My car has always seemed to also get a lot of smoke out of the exhaust after cold starts and under hard acceleration (good compression and 410rwhp), it's a known problem with the 4v's. A lot of people say it's the valve seats or valve seals.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I don't think he's been back :-( Bad valve seats cause you to loose compression in a leak down test. Bad intake valve seals will allow oil to leak into the combustion chamber by running down the valve stem through the valve guide hole. Ford has experienced lower cylinder wear, particularly on the early WAP blocks. If the oil scraper wrings are going, you could still have compression and get oil into the combustion chamber. He asked a good question. I wish he had stuck around.