• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What should i do to this 5.4 during the rebuild?

coryjones

I have a 5.4 i am getting ready to rebuild I plane to do forged rods and maybe pistons depending on how they look. I will be doing to obvious stuff gaskets timing chains and such. A friend said i should have the heads milled down to raise compression has anyone done this or know how much? I don't want to spend a ton on the heads but will do what needs to be done. I still have to figure out a intake for it as well. Unfortunately there are no machine shops with in 45 min of here so still trying to find one that can do the work. I am in Decatur Il if anyone has any suggestions.

coryjones

I am looking for a complete kit all gaskets minus upper intake bearings forged rods timing chain and pistons possible. If any sponsors would like to pm me i would appreciate it.

coryjones

No one has any suggestions? How about some suggestions on a place to get parts? One sponsor quoted me $899 for rods and rod bearings seem quiet high.

na svt

,020" over bore
Flat top pistons
Mill the heads .040"

$899 for rods and rod bearings is way too high.

coryjones

I ended up ordering domed pistons 11:1 compression .020 this way i don't have to mill the heads or buy special cam gears. I also got a set of eagle forged h beam rods.

na svt

I ended up ordering domed pistons 11:1 compression .020 this way i don't have to mill the heads or buy special cam gears. I also got a set of eagle forged h beam rods.
You should degree the cams regardless if the heads are milked or not.

coryjones

Honestly haven't got that far i am sure it will be a few weeks before i even get the motor back from the machine shop.