• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What starter relay did you guys use?

daustin

I have a 1955 Ford Customline with a 5.4 DOHC Navigator motor swap with a 4R70W. Sullivan intake and MSD Mod6.

My starter relay says not to use with a computer controlled car and to use one with a suppression diode.

Even though I'm carbureted, I have the MSD running the ignition. Are you guys using a later model Mustang starter relay with a suppression circuit?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. Those of us that use an SN95 Mustang wiring harness have a multifunction relay and a control module for the starter. My personal thought is that since you are using an MSD setup for the ignition, you can probably run the starter on a separate circuit. MSD has a help line. They may be able to answer that questions more precisely. What kind of starting switch are you running? There are a couple of guys on here who are pretty handy with wiring. Maybe one of them will chime in.

daustin

Thank you. I am running a stock switch. I'll call the help line. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to run the starter on a separate circuit.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I agree. Post up some pics when you get the chance. We're always interested in the more unique builds