• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

When buying some else's project

bruce L

I got a car that had a 2006 3v 4.6 it is 86 fox body back in Dec had a turbo this is race. Car set up for roadracing has 2003 cobra front brakes and updated disk rears has a full roll cage and am told was an American iron champion car from Florida. Everything looked great I only had it run long enough to go from his trailer to mine and the past three months been trying to figure out why the plugs kept fouling and had a no start condition even had a shop look at it like three weeks they found nothing so I started to think electrical I found that the gas pedal had two wire mixed up and was flooding on start up cause position 1 and 3 were swapped so my point is if you have a problem do not assume that the previous owner did it correct I made a bunch of calls and the place did the swap said the would have that flooding problem and it would come and go but said when they sold the car it ran on a dyno and was the best it ever ran haha I am holding once I dyno it now that it will be correct thanks