• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

84 Capri another mod swap

Capri_gt

Well just another mod swap for a fox body, starting a thread to get some help where I may need it and to keep me moving on it.

Parts car is a 97 mustang gt.
Pi h/c/i swap

I wanna swap the dash and center console aswell.

Ive already got the motor and all the wiring pulled from under the hood of the parts car.
However thats where I have seemed to hit a wall.

Capri_gt

Im mostly concerned with the dash swap. Ive only got one dash and dont wanna cut in the wrong spot.
Ill have some pics on the way but all ive got is my cell phone lol, I dont have a computer for all this so ill post if I can but I dont know if ill be able to.

Capri_gt

Thanks for letting me know about that. Ive read a lot about the dash and motor swap, im pretty sure ive got it down. Im at the point where ive just gotta do it and ill prolly have questions when not if but when I hit a snag.

Capri_gt

Im really not sure how ill be able to fix that rust. Any ideas? Its at the spot where the roof meets the side near the hatch.

Capri_gt

It is fairly easy to actually change the rear bumper however im not sure where I can find the other style bumper with the correct side moldings. im not sure what I would sell the speedo for gonna have to think on that one.

keeton

It is fairly easy to actually change the rear bumper however im not sure where I can find the other style bumper with the correct side moldings. im not sure what I would sell the speedo for gonna have to think on that one.

Yeah. I hear ya. That's a rare piece.

Capri_gt

I do happen to have also an 84 lx 5.0 t-top hatch. I was thinking about stealing the bumper from her since its in pieces right now anyway. But im not sure ill be able to replace it after. I am however going to take the spoiler from the stang for the capri, the duck tail style one. Anybody looking for a buddle back setup? I do have the hatch from my capri.

Capri_gt

Well got some more stuff pulled off the parts cars today. All thats left at this point is the tank and lines along with the dash and harness for it. Will post pics of interior parts being colored as im painting them.