• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

86 t-top hatch 4.6 dohc and irs swap

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sounds good. Just remember that there is a lot of movement in that IRS, particularly with the factory Ford bushings. You may give up more than 1/2" of clearance in hard cornering and/or rough roads. It does look awesome.

David

Thanks...before I get too crazy with it I want either MM kit or the full tilt boogie racing kit... thanks for the input... not trying to have a disaster while driving

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I was a Maximum Motorsports Dealer for years. Other than the front bushings that are the correct sleeve size for a Fox chassis, the Full Tilt Boogie Racing kit is much better.

David

Thanks for the info..thanks for being honest and not opinion based like I've read on a lot of forums about all different brands

David

Here are some pics of what the tires look like on the rear. I know for the longest time I've wanted to actually see what it looked like before I bought these wheels.IMAG0739.jpg IMAG0738.jpg These pics are pre alignment nd or course I will post pics after alignment as well...

shcctx

Well, it's been a while. I'll get straight to it. Engine had some scoring on the cylinder walls. Bored .20 and stroked with the mms 4.75 kit. Upgraded primary chain tensioners, arp everything and a couple other small things. Heads were donView attachment 1875View attachment 1876View attachment 1877 e with all new parts besides cams and valves. cleaned, valve job, etc... Most of the exterior engine parts were powder coated. Got upr k member set up and of course coilover setup. Got new glass ordered for the doors. Rockauto had the hook up for t top door glass at @90 each...compared to 200 each I was quoted from eBay guys. Got some sallen wheels in. 18x9 in from with an95 spacing with Fox length control arms.18x10 rears with 05-09? Backspacing with some wheels spacers to clear the irs parts. As of right now I have the engine in. Putting the tranny back in. And getting some rubber for the wheels. View attachment 1875View attachment 1876
looks good

David

Awesome no2ndgear, pretty straight forward?

I ran the engine today for the first time. Started right up, good oil pressure, and sounded great. I'm also burping the coolant. So far so good. I'll bleed the brakes later today and probably stop there. IMAG0754.jpg

David

Thanks a lot...its beautiful weather here in Texas and I hope to take it out for a short cruise in the next couple days

David

I had a chance today to take it up and down my block...Pretty cool, except this ticking noise at idle to 1200rpm.. not too happy about it. I'm going to do some trouble shooting tomorrow and hopefully it's something minor. I do have to replace the two front o2 sensors...I would hate to think I aid good money to have this stroker built and it wasn't done right...either way here's a video

Attachments

• 20150207_141817.mp4
    14 MB · Views: 55

David

Got the car out and around on the streets today. Everything went well. Tomorrow I will be driving it for about an hour to see how it holds up...hopefully I don't have to get trailered back home...I'll see I'd I can get a video of it

David

I live southeast of Houston...I'm always down for a drive...hopefully I'll have the car blown by then

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I live in Texas as well, but you are closer to Atlanta than to me. I'm in El Paso.