• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 Coupe/96 Cobra Swap

DOHCfoxLX

Yeah luckily we have a pick and pull around here I need to find out if the plastic and copper strip film on the back of the clusters can be mixed and matched between the 94-98 some of my copper strips are jacked and as a result some of my lights fail to work sorry to go off on a tangent

89DirtCoupe

I haven't posted in a while as the body work has been going very slow. However, I finally installed arp studs in the rear and got my new wheels mounted. Some day everything will come together. Lol, my patience is running out thligh .....

Attachments

• 20150517_135933.jpg
    20150517_135933.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 72

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
Nice build u got going on. Looks like my old build. Use everything off the donor car everything just about swaps over n fits in the stock Fox location...I can look up my build n see wat stuff I spliced n put together

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

DOHCfoxLX

Problem I'm having right now is I have a no crank no fuel pump condition and my airbag module keeps beeping at me I'm wondering if I could just remove that

DOHCfoxLX

No theft light that I've seen though all my cluster has is alarm so I'd assume that that's the theft light and the airbag module I'm talking about is the blue one under the dash on the tunnel? We talking bout the same thing? BTW I have the key taped with the 96 cylinder in the pats pickup ring plugged in

whiteponygt

I will tell u I had the same thing with the key taped in and some times I would have a no start condition so I had to untape it move the key around and it would finally start back after 3 times of untaping it I went and had it diasabled . Also I'm not sure how you'res is but all I had to do was stick the key in the pats ring and after it started I could sit it on the dash and drive.

whiteponygt

Also in the same boat with the air bags I'd like to have them but they scare me I could probably wires them in but the fear of them going off for no reason while I'm driving down the road is holding me up. What did everyone else do for air bags beside deleting them?

DOHCfoxLX

I just put it in the cylinder assuming that it would be the correct distance from the ring my tuner is gonna turn it off I just wanna verify crank fuel and spark before I tow it to him and I still have fox interior so I don't have any airbags anyways

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I've never done the airbags either, but plan to on the current project. The donor has blown bags, but I will figure that out as I go. My biggest fear is that they blow up the second I hook up the battery. I guess if that happens, I'll say bad words :)

LSUFANMICK

I can't wait to get back to the states from England and get back to work on mine. Looking through all of these threads has me ready to wrench again.

89DirtCoupe

Sorry guys, I've been swamped the last few months at work. The wheels are XXR531 Platiums. I bought them local but have been thinking about selling them so I can buy a set of drag wheels. Let me know if you're interested.

Otherwise, I haven't done much with the car. The calipers have been at the powder coater for a while. After I get them back, I'll be able to rebuild them and move on to paint (Hopefully)