• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 Coupe/96 Cobra Swap

89DirtCoupe

Well, we finally got the car started. I ended up having two connectors incorrectly connected. One was on the passenger side kick panel, the other was in the engine bay near the ABS module. After finding these, reconnecting them, and turning PATS off, the car started. As of right now, everything sounds great and I hoping to get to on the road in the next week. I'll post a video soon!

89DirtCoupe

Yeah, 44's. I actually cleaned the engine a bit before I dropped it in. It was fairly dirty before wise lol.

whiteponygt

That's the same exhaust I ran did you have issues with the x pipe clearing the body side of the trans mounts?

89DirtCoupe

No, it actually fit quite well. I haven't test fit the catted pipe yet though. Is that what you had a problem with?

whiteponygt

No I have an o/r x pipe and where it comes down on the driver side the short tube(2 piece upr)hits the tranny mount and doesn't let the exhaust clear.

whiteponygt

Prolly ...I'm cheap.lol,mine was a Craig's list special I got it for 50,also I think mines for and 03 maybe the spacing is wider to clear a 56?

89DirtCoupe

Sadly, not much. I've been so busy with a my back yard project I haven't had much time to dig into the car.

But, I did run into yet another problem. When I filled the power steering and started the car, the brakes locked up. Any ideas?