• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 Coupe/96 Cobra Swap

89DirtCoupe

I am running the abs module, but I don't have any of the sensors hooked up on the wheels. I wasnt planning on running it.

89DirtCoupe

So I ended up having lines crossed at the hydroboost. I swapped them to the correct locations and everything is working now.

I took it around the block and the drivability is a lot better.

My next step is to swap the tranny out since my 3650 is in need of rebuilding. Then i will be looking at getting it painted. I'm pretty excited to get it on the road.

I'll post more pics soon!

whiteponygt

Glad you figured it out.what clutch you running or going to run I can tell you first trip to the track with ets the stock clutch doesn't stand a chance upgrade while the trans is out,I wish I did

89DirtCoupe

Yeah, I actually already have a spec stage 2 for it. I was hoping to put some spray or boost to it at some point. ;-)

whiteponygt

Same clutch I have in my terminator.I love the spec clutch.if I recall didn't you have a locked up motor also. Good start to a back up motor if you going spray.

89DirtCoupe

Yeah, when I had my terminator, I had a Spec 3+ in it. I liked it, except for the occasional chatter.

I'm really hoping to get it completed soon.

89DirtCoupe

I finally made some more progress. Got my power windows working yesterday and pulled the 3650 out this afternoon. I should have it back together sometime next weekend.

shcctx

More progress: all of my suspension is in!
uga5abep.jpg

2ydejy2a.jpg

gagudypa.jpg

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk
Nice work, keep it going

whiteponygt

Same problem here aside from macco I've been quoted 5000 & 7000 for a paint job.That's more then I have in the car almost

89DirtCoupe

Yeah, the first place I called said $10k lol I'm hoping my buddy can help me out, he works at a body shop. If I could get him to do the body work I could paint it.

89DirtCoupe

I am running the cobra brakes in the rear. I cut the e brake bracket off of the sn95 and bolted it to the fox. Then I ran the cables through the stock fox loops, then over to the lower control arm where I modified the sn95 loop to attached.

There is another member that documented this. I'll try and find it for you.

DOHCfoxLX

If you can lead me that way itd be much appreciated unfortunately I'll have to run to the pick and pull to get a bracket as I didn't think to pull it when I still had the 96