• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 Coupe/96 Cobra Swap

89DirtCoupe

I don't have any pictures at the moment but, I will take some tonight once I get home from work.

Do you have the option of using a TR3650? If not, the only option I see working is to make a plate of some short to extend the mounts.

whiteponygt

Late model actually told to call stifflers and find out what I need,then call then back to order it,the guy at stifflers has been a big help,he said it should work if I get an of set transmission mount,are you using the3650?

89DirtCoupe

Yes, I'm using the 3650. It lined up great. I have the complete drivetrain installed now. I was hoping to fire it up Saturday but, the fuel pump was not getting power. I'm thinking my ccrm is bad but I'm not positive.

By the way, does anyone know what the RED plug in is under the passenger side of the dash? I'm thinking I forgot to plug in the heater box but, I wanted to confirm with everyone.

whiteponygt

This plug in? The heater box should be a square brown plug

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42

89DirtCoupe

That looks like the one. I must have it routed the wrong way. Thanks a lot for the picture, it's a huge help!

VNMSGT

Some great info on here! I am just starting my swap on my fox and this will help me alot.

89DirtCoupe

Okay so I'm pretty stumped, I thought my CCRM was bad, so I bought a new one and the fuel pump still wont come on. Does anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be?

whiteponygt

Me and fstford had a common problem with a ground issue his was in the edu mine was in the harness does it purge when u first turn on the key or do u have no fuel pump at all

89DirtCoupe

No pump at all. I did check the plug in to the ccrm and it had the correct power on at the correct times.

whiteponygt

Is the pump get power, lol if u ever checked out ponyboys thread u might wanna make sure there's a pump there. Did u check inertia switch.

89DirtCoupe

Lol, I replaced the pump before I dropped the tank in. I forgot to take the inertia switch out of my donor car so I bypassed that for now.

89DirtCoupe

I didn't check the actually volts but, I used a check light to see if I was getting anything and the light didn't light up.

whiteponygt

Did you swap the whole harness from the cobra or did you splice it.and did you check and see if you had power to you inertia switch bypass.sorry bout all the questions just trying to eliminate possibilities

89DirtCoupe

Ask any questions you can think of. :) I appreciate the help. I swapped the entire harness and when I used the test light on the inertia switch, I got nothing.

whiteponygt

If I'm not mistaken I'm thinking it's a green with yellow tracer that feeds from the pump from the ccrm.I'll have to look at my service Manuel but I believe it runs threw a plug in the passenger side kick panel is everything hooked up all three plugs 213,216,259the fuel pump runs there plug 259 check and see if ur getting power there its the smaller square plug where the other two are rectangle

Last edited: