• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svt Fox

Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334880805.910691.jpgI haven't done much. Test fitted the hood and had to clearance it for the upper intake. Put on an 03 intake tube and a Lightning 90mm maf. Got the radiator mounted.

Looks like I am going to go with dual contour fans. And relocating the power steering reservoir onto the fan shroud to get it off the front of the engine.

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
i want to connect mine also but my lines coming off the a/c hit my stock sway bar brackets...maybe i should take them off of have new lines fab

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
dsc02844p.jpg

Svt Fox

Staff member
The only updates I have are that I picked up some ET Streets for the pony wheels and a nitrous dry kit for $50 :)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
that's a really nice price. I've never used a dry kit on a mod motor. I look forward to seeing how it works for you.

Svt Fox

Staff member
that's a really nice price. I've never used a dry kit on a mod motor. I look forward to seeing how it works for you.

I thought so too! I picked up the ET streets for $30 used with 70% life left.

I am hoping for high 12's on motor and low 12's with a little 100 shot.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It's worth a try. I assume the dry shot is a single nozzle unit that mounts upstream of the air sensor, so the computer can have a chance to adjust the fuel ration? My concern would be the spike in chamber pressue and temp.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
True, but the idea is to balance the system so that the temperature range is correct when the pressure goes up, and the pressure goes up at the correct rate to make power and not damage. If the mix is lean, the temperature will rise too fast, causing...anyway, just remember that happy button has consequences, particularly for a dry system.

Svt Fox

Staff member
True, but the idea is to balance the system so that the temperature range is correct when the pressure goes up, and the pressure goes up at the correct rate to make power and not damage. If the mix is lean, the temperature will rise too fast, causing...anyway, just remember that happy button has consequences, particularly for a dry system.

Have you run nitrous before? Wet or Dry shot?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes Sir...both. I owned Atlantic Coast Mustang for years. We represented Steeda and JBA (different years) at FFW NH... I say go for it. If you couldn't afford to break it, you wouldn't race it. Aluminum heads, cast locks and followers, stock seats and guides, hypereutectic pistons...it's all good.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Yes Sir...both. I owned Atlantic Coast Mustang for years. We represented Steeda and JBA (different years) at FFW NH... I say go for it. If you couldn't afford to break it, you wouldn't race it. Aluminum heads, cast locks and followers, stock seats and guides, hypereutectic pistons...it's all good.

I appreciate your input! This isn't my first rodeo either. It's a pick and pull engine that I got dirt cheap so I'm not too concerned lol.

I figure a little 100 shot won't hurt as long as I don't rattle it.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I agree. It should survive. If you find them at the right price, an adjustable throttle/RPM switch, a knock switch and a good soft touch rev limiter would be nice. We always recommended the RPM switch be used as a condition for the main line. You can still purge if you need to, it just won't actully spray in the main unless the RPM condition is met. I'm using a twin MSD 62152 setup on mine. I left the plugs in place to use for NOS, but haven't put a system on yet. I still have too much to do before I'm ready for power adders on the current project.

Svt Fox

Staff member
-Update-

I posted pictures in the Merry X-mad thread of the car on the trailer.

Here are some new updates pics of the wiring progress and engine being primed!

huhunysy.jpg

se2a8e8u.jpg

Speedtospare

Yeah baby!! Looking great. (please paint the crossover looks too nice to leave as is.) Be prepared for almost 90-100 PSI oil pressure. Its normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.