• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finished my Mod swap

Spdjunky

We can't. He has to change the settings back.
Or we have to post a bunch of crap or wait a long time before it gives us permission.

You must've missed that conversation a few days ago.

Spdjunky

Super clean!

I like the air box pulling in fresh air. I'm not a fan of filters in the engine bay.
Where did you get the air box housing at?
I have one of those lower b-head intakes, what did that top come off of that hooks to the air tube?

Good job!

Svt Fox

Staff member
Super clean!

I like the air box pulling in fresh air. I'm not a fan of filters in the engine bay.
Where did you get the air box housing at?
I have one of those lower b-head intakes, what did that top come off of that hooks to the air tube?

Good job!

You don't need the box in that hose. Hate how they did that on the b-head cobra intakes.

I routed mine the other way.
pugahypa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Spdjunky

I definitely like the Cobra intake best for B Head engines. But I have the lower intake like this guy had and was curious what runner goes with it.

As far as the exposed air cleaner, I just don't like it showing. To me it's an unfinished look. Paraphrasing an old quote, I'm sure 'we agree to disgree' on it the looks of it.

Spdjunky

Actually looking at RoadHawgs intake on comp rather then phone, his intake is completely different then the one I aquired.
Mine has the throttle body at the rear of the intake.......

Roadhawg, what intake is this off of?

Svt Fox

Staff member
I definitely like the Cobra intake best for B Head engines. But I have the lower intake like this guy had and was curious what runner goes with it.

As far as the exposed air cleaner, I just don't like it showing. To me it's an unfinished look. Paraphrasing an old quote, I'm sure 'we agree to disgree' on it the looks of it.

I was only referring to the IAC hose.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Actually looking at RoadHawgs intake on comp rather then phone, his intake is completely different then the one I aquired.
Mine has the throttle body at the rear of the intake.......

Roadhawg, what intake is this off of?

If you have a 4V and the throttle body is located at the back of the intake, you have an intake from a 93-96 Mark 8.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
If you have a 4V and the throttle body is located at the back of the intake, you have an intake from a 93-96 Mark 8.
If you have a 93-96 4V Mark VIII throw that thing in the scrap pile and trash it, it is useless, it will not even fit without cutting the firewall out. Best intake is cobra or next best is 97-98 Mark VIII intake very close to the 99 cobra/mach but still has less flow than all the above. BUY a cobra intake and be done with it.

Spdjunky

My first 4 valve engine I aquired is a 96 teksid 4 valve engine. with an aviator and stock intake.

Since then I learned some more and picked up an 03 mach engine with a forged crank and an 03 Maruader with a cast crank. So I have extra parts to play with and break ... :)

After this fox project with the modular, I'm hoping to pick up a 69Gt car with 30k miles and due the same swap.

I just need TIME!!