• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project Insanity

Svt Fox

Staff member
Yea I hear you have to beat the hell out of the inner fender well to get a 315 to clear on a 17x10.5.

Bobby Amato

I did some more fabrication to this frankenstang. I cut the SN95 steering shaft bearing out from the cobra and welded it into the fox. Since I'm using the SN95 dash I figured I would make it right. The fox shaft just pokes through a rubber grommet, but the SN's have a bearing that keeps them in place.

SN95steeringshaftbearing1_zps148f2dc6.jpg

SN95steeringshaftbearingroughfit_zps65f306a2.jpg

SN95steeringshaftbearingwelded_zps8c4411ce.jpg

If the engine bay was going to be painted I would have went the extra mile to make all of the weld disappear, but I'm using spatter paint which will cover all of the weld up pretty good, so this is as far as I went on cleaning it up.

SN95steeringshaftbearingcleanedup_zpsd930146c.jpg

I'm hoping to drop the motor in tomorrow.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Might need to bring the fox by so that you can tell me what, I need to do to fix the Fup they did to it.. Nice job you did above...

Bobby Amato

O.k. Cobra motor is in. I'm in the process of fabbing up all of the fuel lines. I had to order a few more fittings because I had to change how I planned to route a few things once the motor was in. Flywheel, friction disc and pressure plate are installed.

Tomorrow I will try and get the transmission in and modify the crossmember. Motor should see fire this week.

cobramotorisin_zpsbbf16a24.jpg

cobramotorisin2_zpseede19ab.jpg

Bobby Amato

Well this was a son of a bitch, but I got it did. :yes:

I had to pull the motor up and forward to get the trans in because the bellhousing was hitting the trans tunnel, but after a cherry picker, a couple of jacks and some creative thinking (also some trial an error :)) This thing is in! I lost all of my trans fluid, so I'll have to top that off before firing it up, but I'm almost there.

I drilled out all of the spot welds holding the fox mounts in place and removed them. I cut the 96 mounts to fit and welded them in place.

t45isin_zps5ff56475.jpg

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
nice i have to drop my trans to change out the throw out bearing and i am not looking forward to that...

Speedtospare

I have them already ;)

I went 4.10 and it needs more gear NA with a T56 and the Mach 1 motor. I did run 109 MPH so thats good. I am intalling the eaton on it now and I hope 4.10's wont be too much. My calcs state 4.10 is good for 118-120 MPH with a 26" tall tire which is what I will be trapping with stock boost

Svt Fox

Staff member
I went 4.10 and it needs more gear NA with a T56 and the Mach 1 motor. I did run 109 MPH so thats good. I am intalling the eaton on it now and I hope 4.10's wont be too much. My calcs state 4.10 is good for 118-120 MPH with a 26" tall tire which is what I will be trapping with stock boost

I forgot to ask, are you still running the cast crank in your Aviator motor?