• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

07 5 speed in 93lx?

Wreckedj30

I've seen something on this. Because its a t3650 you can use the eariler 2001-04 t3650 tail housing. I know the s197 drivers upgrade to the eariler style when going to one piece driveshaft. Just get all the output sensors in wiring harness from the new edge. Search on svtperformance I'm pretty sure there's a detailed swap on there

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
The tail housing is the difference but not 100 percent sure it will still work though, just do a little homework and you will find the answer I'm sure

Wreckedj30

Yea the clutch setup is also not cable pull style its hydralic, with internal slave cylinder.. but it will still work just more fab work creating the master cyl, or making the 05+ one fit.

Wreckedj30

speed to spare, all the autos have been computer controlled since the aode in 93-95. the manuals arent controlled uncept to start with the clutch position sw. and neurtal safty sw. also for the speedometer reading.

Wreckedj30

I'm running the t3650 from a 03-04 Mach 1 02-04 GT and 99-01 cobra. The sn95 driveshaft fit perfect on my car, when I had solid axle and now with the IRS.

Most people run the t45 (96-00 mustang GT, 96-98 cobra)because there more common. Others run the t56 from the 03-04 cobra but they tend to have deeper pockets and much bigger budgets. Lol

Either way you'll need to make a custom crossmember, buy an aftermarket from stifflers, etc or cut and reweld the stock brackets and install crossmember from an sn95.