• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1987 - 1992 Ford Mustang Instrument Cluster (Wiring Diagram)

cpearson1342

Here are diagrams and connector views for 2003 Mach 1 since that's what I have. If anyone has any requests for any other specific year let me know. Or if any other diagrams are needed. Btw I have the create a dash and have a thread about it, should be finished soon and posting a video

Attachments

• Illumination.PNG
    Illumination.PNG
    79.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    100.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    90.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    81.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Connector 2.PNG
    Connector 2.PNG
    94.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Connector 1.PNG
    Connector 1.PNG
    96 KB · Views: 124

cpearson1342

Also helpful in case anyone is making a dash or something similar and needs the anti slosh module, here is a pinout for the 87-93. I'll be using one for my create a dash system

Attachments

• Anti Slosh.PNG
    Anti Slosh.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96

takdashark

Donator
I think I just got the formula figured out to feed the ecu a oss signal from my older vss sensor. Www.accutach.com has a lot of great info about it, how they work, and formulas to correct it in the tune or with a speed cal.

Now I need to find a dash harness for a 99-04 or at least the connectors with pig tails.

Thanks again for the info!!

takdashark

Donator
So I was able to grab some pigtails from a junk yard and it's missing #9+10 on C220a (smaller connector) for the instrument cluster. It was a 99-04, but it was butchered and starting to rain, so I cut them and kept moving. I can't see a car in New England not having rear defrost but who knows. Anyone have an idea why it would be missing.

cpearson1342

Almost certain they're the same, they possibly just put to 92 on accident, but never actually had any experience with them.

Sent from my K01A using Tapatalk

takdashark

Donator
It's been awhile since I've even been able to see the car (it's in storage at a friends), but if memory serves me right, I have two coolant temp sensors. I have a victor jr carb intake with an elbow to my throttle body. That intake has several toppings available, so I used one for the newer two wire ect, and the other for the single wire that goes to the cluster.

I will say, it's funny watching the gauge in the fox cluster and using the SCT's live data to look at it simultaneously. The fox gauge gets high in the summer with AC in traffic, which uses to worry me. In actuality, it's at like 196-198 deg at the most, which is great considering there's an interxooler in front of everything, and a million things crammed in that engine bay.

92dohcfox

It's been awhile since I've even been able to see the car (it's in storage at a friends), but if memory serves me right, I have two coolant temp sensors. I have a victor jr carb intake with an elbow to my throttle body. That intake has several toppings available, so I used one for the newer two wire ect, and the other for the single wire that goes to the cluster.

I will say, it's funny watching the gauge in the fox cluster and using the SCT's live data to look at it simultaneously. The fox gauge gets high in the summer with AC in traffic, which uses to worry me. In actuality, it's at like 196-198 deg at the most, which is great considering there's an interxooler in front of everything, and a million things crammed in that engine bay.

thats what i thought i would have to do, i tried tapping into the 2 wire thinking it would work, but nothing, which i figured since the signal to fox gauge is ground controlled. what sensor did you use for the gauge?? a stock fox sensor?? or an aftermarket?? i have a 4v engine so it does not have ports for another sensor which sux. ill have to figure out what to do. i was hoping someone with a 4v would kick in some info also.

92dohcfox

only thing i can find that would work would be the heater hose adapter form autometer, use that with a stock 1992 sending unit, the adapter from autometer also comes with a ground, due to stock sender is case grounded.

takdashark

Donator
I'm running a stock sensor for both.

What do you have for an intake? You could always weld a bung if it's aluminum. Not easy, or quick, but will do the trick.

92dohcfox

WP_20160529_21_03_33_Pro.jpg
I'm running a stock sensor for both.

What do you have for an intake? You could always weld a bung if it's aluminum. Not easy, or quick, but will do the trick.
what stock sensor, 4v engines only have 1 sender, and it's a 2 wire non case grounded . Factory gauge is 1 wire case grounded. What sensor you using for both?