• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1992 notch 2.3 auto 4.6 SOHC swap.

interceptor999

My Cousin and I are trying to do a 4.6 SOHC swap into his 92 mustang notch that was originally a 2.3 auto and the donor car is my old 1999 Police interceptor. I have a few questions about the swap...

We plan on using a tubular K member and coil overs with tubular A-arms which spindles should we use?
and is there a way to mod the steering rack to be manual steering?

also we would like to use 5 lug wheels and we need to swap in an 8.8 with disks but we don't want it to look too wide in the front and rear.

sorry we're complete n00bs at this but we're determined to get it done.

8t9notch

Let me take a stab at this, well you can replace the rack and pinion with a manual rack, i don't now if you can modify the power steering rack to be a manual steering rack. I would say its not possible. For the front you can swap sn95 hubs and keep your stock spindles.If the sn95's came with discs you can use those or could make the discs off the vic work too. Also i think your gonna have to change your springs, but i have seen ppl put 5.0's into 2.3 fox's without changing them so you might not have too. Might want to check that out too