• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2v into 87 Turbocoupe

deadbird

Hello, I am new to the forum and I am researching putting a 2v into my 1987 Thundebird Turbocoupe. (Fox body)

I have a 02 Gt that I crashed as a donor car. Pretty sure the member is fine.

My main concern is cost.

I have a new front for the Tbird that will go on affer the swap. Whole thing will be flat black with Gt500 rims.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. Depending on what kind of shape your donor is in and how deep you want to go into the swap, the cost could be minimal. It he k-member on your GT is good and all you want to put in is the engine and transmission, your donor car will have 95%+ of what you need. As with any swap, the devil is in the details. If you want to swap the drivetrain over, get it running and drive, and worry about mods later, that is not expensive. If you want to include a tubular front suspension, new headers, fancy exhaust, or a bunch of bling or power adders, this swap can be expensive. I love the idea of a minimal swap first and upgrade after you get it going. Looking at your pictures, the k-member is likely okay and will fit that beautiful coupe. Should be an AWESOME build!